Tuesday, February 19, 2008

1st trip to the Houston Zoo

Entering Zoo

Geoffrey


Looking at the giraffes




Joey reading about the elephants

Striking a pose!


Looking at the Okapi

and the bears

Stealing a kiss

Getting some sun

Peek-A-Boo!

Snack time


Us by the duck pond

Loving the outdoors
(don't look to close... He's not buckled in... Bad momma, bad bad momma!)


Daddy & Joey by duck pond

"OOOooohhhh"


Playing with Daddy

On Daddy's shoulders
(believe me, it didn't last long at all -maybe 3 steps. Joey loved it, but Daddy was too nervous.)

Leaving the Zoo



Can you tell, someone had a good time?


Next day: Going to Grammy's house


Yesterday Richard and I had the day off work and since it was such a beautiful clear day outside we decided to make it a family day and venture out to the Zoo. It was a little on the cool side so we bundled up and headed out. I was thinking we'd probably be there an hour, before Joey would get fussy. Or it would be too cold outside to enjoy it... Or he'd be asleep through it all. We'll was I wrong. We got there around noon, and Joey was asleep for the first 5 minutes. The first animals we went to see were my favorite-the monkeys. Well they were being SOOOooo loud they woke him up. When his sleepy eyes opened, he was looked around like, "Heyyyyyy, I was trying to get some sleep!!!" Then he got this pensive expression like "Heyy, that's a weird sound... Nothing like I've ever heard before... What is that?" I can only imagine what he must've been thinking. But like the new parents we are, we snapped a million and one pictures of his first trip to the Zoo.
Around 3:30 Joey started rubbing his eyes and that's when I figured we better start heading home. Even though he was sleepy, he never fussed or threw a fit or anything. I am so proud of him. He sure proved me wrong. And let me tell ya folks, you better believe he slept allllll night.
It turned out to be such a great day, that we decided that at from now on we're going to take a Monday or Friday off work once a month and make it a Family-Fun-in-the Sun day.
--And I must admit, pushing my little sweetheart in a stroller around the Zoo was a pretty exciting time for me. Definitely another proud mommy moment!

On a side note: Joey got his 2nd tooth Saturday. Two weeks, two teeth!! At this rate he's gonna be a little toothy-shark-boy by his 1st birthday!

P.S. Be sure to check back, I'll be posting the Zoo pics tonight.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Jennie - I can't get over how cute he is! I just want to pinch his chubby cheeks! LOL

Sounds like you had a wonderful day - thanks for sharing the pics...too cute.

I hope you are doing well.

Kirsten said...

Okay, Chayse and Landry are sooo jealous!!! I want to take them to the zoo so bad but just haven't gotten there yet. Now that it is getting warmer we might just have to do that soon. Maybe someday we can meet up there with the kiddos!
And two teeth!! Wow!! Chayse FINALLY had one pop through the gum yesterday (my best bday present)but still none for Landry. He is so adorable...I love his zoo tshirt!!!

Sporty said...

You all look so happy. You look great! AND of course Joey is absolutely adorable!

Glad that you had a wonderful time. I love seeing the pics!

Take care.

Jenn said...

OK - I don't mean to be pushy but it has been two months since we have had some updated pics! Come on lady!

LOL - I know you are probably just too busy enjoying your little man to post. Hope all is well.