Friday, February 8, 2008

1st Tooth *Need your ideas*

At Joey's 4 month well-baby check up in January, his peditrician noticed 2 bumps on his lower gums and told me that he may get really drooly soon, because those bumps are signs of baby teeth starting to grow in. And I've noticed lately that Joey has been extra slobbery, (I mean dripping off his elbows) and constantly teething on his fingers and teething toys... Well yesterday something white in his mouth caught my eye. (I swore up & down that I'd never do this, unless my child was choking) but I shoved my finger in this mouth to feel it and he's just about cut his first tooth! Its not through the gums yet but I can see white where its trying to push through. Joey hasn't been fussy or running a fever or anything, he's just knawing on anything he can get his hands on, including this hands.


UPDATED: Saturday the 9th Joey cut his first tooth. YAY! Bring on the steak & potatoes

This weekend we watched my nephews. We had Lucas (9 months & crawling), Jacob (2yrs 11mths old, he can talk your ear off) and my little Joey (5 months with one new tooth) so Richard and I had our hands FULL! It was fun, we really did have a good time together. The boys were so good, it was just a lot of work. At one point I found myself sweating from all the running around I was doing in the house trying to keep up with them all. I definatly got my exercise that evening. My sister & her husband had a wedding to go to, and I really wanted them to go out and have a good time. Which I'm sure she'll return the favor.


Sunday we went to Church and just so happen to sit next to the lady with the little girl that Joey had his eye on. Little girl was as usual adorable as ever, in her demin dress and white tights. And during the mass (during a down time) I got to talk to the little girl's mother. She told me that "Emily" is adopted, and she got her when she was only 2 days old. She said the open adoption wasn't that hard for them, didn't take that long either, and that she's had contact with the birth mom since she was 5 months pregnant. She asked about Joey, and if we had plans on any more children... After 20wks of bedrest with this last pregnancy, I still don't know if I could ever do that again.... And she said, what we've been thinking of all along, "keep all options open because [our] little girl just may be out there. Pray about it, and the answers will come." So, that's what we're doing. We're going to keep all options open, and who knows, maybe one day we will have a little girl. Only God knows.



New trick this week:

MoMo (my mom) bought Joey an early Valentine. A highchair. So yesterday we strapped him in it (its got a 5 point harness) and he ate cereal in a "big boy" chair.




Ok...

Now here's where I need your help. The March of Dimes, March for Babies formally known as WalkAmerica is coming up in April. We're gonna do the 5k (3 mile) walk, and I'm trying to think of a new team name. Two years ago we were "Erik's Family" and we wore matching baby blue tshirts that had "I Believe in Angels" on the front with a set of footprints for each of my angels. And on the back we had "Erik's Mommy"... Well the others had Erik's Daddy, Erik's Cousin, Erik's Friend... ect. Well this year we are walking in honor of our angels as well as celebrating the new babies we have in our family; my sister and I have 2007 babies. And I've been breaking my head over what our new team name should be. I want it to be something catchy. Something good. But I'm out of ideas. All I can come up with is:


High Steppers
- and do tshirts with baby shoes with wings on them

or


Little Buddies
- and have tshirts with stick figures for all the children in our family,


And on the sleave of the shirt, no matter what design we go with I want stars for each of my angels.


But I'm out of ideas... Please submit your ideas, with or without tshirt ideas. I'm going to type them all out and consider each one. Have fun with it, be creative, anything quarky, catchy, simple, I'm open to any and all ideas... anything would be greatly appriciated.


Need all submissions by Feb 29. Ok?! Ready, Set, GOOOO!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I finally got to your new blog..yay!! I was checking my old posts and found your comment; SO glad you are back!
And I am so jealous of Joey's tooth!! Man, I keep waiting to see one or two in Chayse & Landry's mouths but nothing yet. And congrats on the rice cereal...now the real fun and mess begin!! C & L are eating veggies and we have ruined several outfits but it's so cute!!!
I'll put my thinking cap on for the shirts and let you know if I can come up with anything :)